Makeup As I Go: Murad Oil-Control Mattifier


I have thee oiliest skin ever! 

It wasn’t always this way, but over the last couple of years I have noticed a drastic change in the oil production on my face. Lately, I only manage to get about two hours out of my makeup before I begin to shine and have to start blotting. The oil is non-stop afterwards and by the end of my work shift my makeup looks smeared and so greasy!

It always made me feel so gross.

I tried new skin care routines, face washes, new foundation makeup, moisturizers; but nothing seemed to work. It wasn’t a seasonal problem either because it persisted throughout the entire year.

Finally, (I really don’t know what took me so long) I searched skin care products on Sephora for oily skin types and I found the Murad Oil-Control Mattifier – it had a bunch of positive reviews and I decided to give it a go.

    … Best thing EVER!

It does what it says it does. It controls the oil for up to 8 hours. It keeps my skin matte and shine free, which is all I ever wanted.

The way I use it is after I wash my face, I apply a quarter size amount over my entire face and lightly over my eye lids. I give it about a minute to absorb before I apply a thin layer of my face moisturizer. Once that’s set I go about applying the rest of my makeup.

I’m sooo happy with this product and highly recommend it to anyone suffering from normal to excessively oily skin.

For reference  so you can see how oily my skin gets. You can see the SHINE on my forehead! The Sun was literally reflecting off my face.
I (left) was with my good pal Cindy, we were wine tasting in Sonoma :)  
Now my forehead is non-reflective like Cindy's. Ha!






No comments:

Post a Comment